Top Review by Charlotte J
Excellent!! I sliced the onions as I wanted some texture (for lack of a better word) to the dish. Also used 5 breast halves. As Mardi says, it has a very rich taste to it. I loved the cherry and nut combination mixed with a bite of chicken. The kids did eat the chicken but not the onion/cherry sauce. This dish would work nicely for a dinner party.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 3⁄4 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine or 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak cherries in either brandy or sherry, set aside. Heat oven to 425x.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper, 1/2 teaspoon paprika and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon on chicken breasts, which have been sliced in half to make thin cutlets.
- Bake, for 10 to 15 minutes, until almost done .
- Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Melt butter in a skillet large enough to hold the chicken in one layer; add onions and cook 10 minutes.
- Add remaining paprika and cinnamon.
- Add stock and red wine. Cook on high heat until reduced.
- Add cherries and soaking liquid, and walnuts.
- Add the chicken to the sauce and heat through.
- Remove from the heat, and mix in the sour cream.
- Serve at once. Good with rice pilaf and green salad.
- NOTES : This is a very rich dish and a little goes a long way.
- Follow with a light dessert.