Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook3 hrs 15 mins
Perfect for Rosh Hashana and the other High Holidays.
Make and share this Chicken with Dates and Wine recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to medium-high.
- Clean and dry the chicken.
- Marinate in the red wine for up to 2 hours.
- Mix the silan with the date spread.
- Pit the dried dates.
- Soak the raisins in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Mix the dried dates and raisins with the almonds.
- Place the chicken pieces in a baking pan.
- Spread the date honey mixture all over and under the pieces.
- Make sure the mixture penetrates the pockets between the chicken and its skin.
- Toss the fruit/almond mixture over the chicken.
- Pour on the leftover wine marinade.
- Place the chicken in the oven.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, then turn the pieces over.
- Continue baking until the chicken is ready and golden, approximately 45 minutes.