3 hrs 35 mins
3 hrs 15 mins
Perfect for Rosh Hashana and the other High Holidays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to medium-high.
- 2Clean and dry the chicken.
- 3Marinate in the red wine for up to 2 hours.
- 4Mix the silan with the date spread.
- 5Pit the dried dates.
- 6Soak the raisins in warm water for 10 minutes.
- 7Mix the dried dates and raisins with the almonds.
- 8Place the chicken pieces in a baking pan.
- 9Spread the date honey mixture all over and under the pieces.
- 10Make sure the mixture penetrates the pockets between the chicken and its skin.
- 11Toss the fruit/almond mixture over the chicken.
- 12Pour on the leftover wine marinade.
- 13Place the chicken in the oven.
- 14Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, then turn the pieces over.
- 15Continue baking until the chicken is ready and golden, approximately 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken with Dates and Wine
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.0
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 115.0 mg
- Sodium 176.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 28.0 g
- Protein 33.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: