Recipe by Acerast
Australian cuisine blends the flavors and cooking styles of the east and west. Here is an example from a chicken dish that I found at the "Old Australian Food Recipes" site.
- 2 1⁄4 kg chicken pieces, cut up
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 190 g butter
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 medium apple, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce (Ketchup)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Shake pieces of chicken in a bag with the flour, salt and ginger.
- Melt the butter in a baking dish and roll chicken in butter, coating well.
- Arrange skin side up in a single layer and bake uncovered for 20 minutes at 200C (400F).
- In a skillet, dice bacon and fry gently until brown; drain bacon.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Turn chicken, brush with more butter and bake another 20 minutes.
- Brush chicken with curry glaze and bake an additional 20 minutes until golden.
- Serve with rice.