Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I like the way this sounds. I ripped it out of one of my cookbooks so I don't know which one (I know) but it was one of those community cookbooks. This was submitted by Lois Wolke.
- 1 medium onion, chopped, about 1/2 cup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 2⁄3 cup beer
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thin cut
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- In a saucepan, cook the onion in butter until tender but not brown. Stir in tomato soup, beer, curry, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Arrange chicken breasts in a baking dish where they don't overlap. Pour tomato mixture over the chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F. oven or 50-55 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Adjust seasonings to taste.