Top Review by Crazycook in PA
This recipe came from Cooking Light magazine so I knew I would like it. It was wonderful! I didn't have any red bell pepper so I put in a little jar of pimentos and served it over brown rice. My husband raved over it! It's easy and quick to make.
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1⁄4 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄3 cups cubed peeled mangoes (about 1 large)
- 2 cups hot cooked basmati rice
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped onion and bell pepper; saute 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, ginger, curry, coriander, and garlic, and saute 30 seconds.
- Combine broth and cornstarch, and add to pan.
- Bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in mango.
- Spoon rice onto each of 4 plates; top with chicken.
- Spoon sauce over chicken; sprinkle with green onions.