Recipe by MizzNezz
This is a recipe I save for special occasions. My husband loves it for his birthday dinner. You can adjust the heat to your taste. This was a prizewinning recipe from Better Homes And Gardens for 1993. Very easy and quick.
- 6 firm med tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and chopped,save 5 t juice
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, mix tomatoes, orange, orange juice, cilantro, gingerroot, and jalapeno pepper.
- Pound chicken gently to flatten.
- Mix cumin with salt and pepper,.
- Rub cumin mixture on both sides of chicken.
- In lg non-stick skillet, cook chicken in hot oil over med heat for 4 minutes per side.
- Add salsa mixture, cover and heat for 1 minute.