Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I was skeptical about cooking a cucumber at first, but this is one of my favorite recipes now.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 large cucumbers, cut into chunks
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Brown chicken in oil on all sides, set aside.
- Add mushrooms and garlic to drippings.
- Cook about 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour until blended.
- Gradually stir in wine, bouillon, salt and water.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Add chicken, heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes, stirring.
- Add cucumber chunks to chicken, cook 15-20 minutes or until chicken is tender and cucumber is tender/crisp.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Heat through but not to boil.
We actually thought this was quite bland and the cucumbers ended up slightly mushy. It's not a recipe that I will make again, but thank you for posting it.
I have made this recipe quite a few times. Cannot believe I am the first to review. I agree, it does seem like an odd combination but, hey, when even the kids eat it, it's worth trying. So good over rice.