Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups quartered cremini mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Heat 2 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Place 1 chicken breast half in a large plastic zip-lock bag, pound to ¼ inch thickness.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper; add chicken to skillet; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done; remove from pan and keep warm.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in skillet over med-high heat.
- Add in mushrooms, garlic, thyme, and asparagus; cook 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Combine broth and cornstarch, stirring with a whisk.
- Add broth mixture, vinegar, and juice to pan; bring to a boil.
- Cook 1 minute or until slightly thick; serve over chicken.