Recipe by - Carla -
From the Book Weight Watchers in 20 minutes. Per serving (1 chicken breast half and generous 1⁄3 cup sauce): 237 Cal, 7g Fat, 2g Sat Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 86 mg Chol, 423 mg Sod, 7g Carb, 1g Fib, 34g Prot, 28 mg Calc. POINTS value: 5.
Top Review by jdrichardson
Outstanding recipe... I have the Weight Watcher book and we made this from the recipe. Don't let the "Weight Watcher" scare you. I use a lot of weight watcher recipes for my wife and this was very enjoyable and filling. The wine sauce was outstanding... I used Merlot in place of the Port. Highly recommended!
- 4 (566.99 g) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 283.49 g packagesliced cremini mushrooms
- 78.07 ml ruby port
- 78.07 ml reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 9.85 ml all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle the chicken with the salt and pepper. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate; set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to the skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until browned, about 4 minutes.
- Stir together the port, broth, and flour in a small bowl until smooth. Pour into the skillet. Add the garlic and thyme; cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and bubbles, about 1 minute.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, turning to coat with the sauce. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side.