Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
This is one of the best whole chickens I have ever cooked. The cheese stuffing is tucked under the breast skin of the chicken to give added flavor and moistness to the meat. Impressive looking and awesome tasting….what more could you ask for…..
Top Review by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Great meal! Just the right amount of lime so that it does not overpower. I used a herbed Boursin cheese for the soft cheese here. I recommend a flavored cheese to add to the deliciousness of the zuchinni and lime and chicken. The zuchinni ribbons were great and allowed for a fast and easy side that complimented the roast chicken very well. I removed the cheesey zuchinni stuffing and we 'smeared' that on each bite of chicken- it was so good. Thanks for a great recipe! *Made for ZWT*
- 1 chicken, 5 Pounds
- 1 1⁄3 cups zucchini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lime, Juice of
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini
- 3⁄4 cup soft cheese
- 1 lime, Rind of, Grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Stuffing: Trim and coarsely grate the Zucchini and mix with the Cheese, Lime Rind, Bread Crumbs, Salt and Pepper.
- Carefully ease the skin away from the breast of the Chicken and push the stuffing under the skin with your fingers to cover the breast evenly.
- Place Chicken in a baking pan, brush with oil and roast in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 1 ½ to 2 hours or until the juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, trim the remaining zucchini and cut into long, thin strips with a vegetable peeler or sharp knife (they will look like thin ribbons with the dark green peel left on); sauté in the butter and lime juice until just tender and serve with the Chicken.