Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Simple and delicious, this creamy tarragon-scented chicken and pasta is perfect for feeding a crowd.
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- 1 lb tagliatelle pasta noodles
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Fill a pasta pot or very large saucepan with water, add salt, then cover and leave to come to the boil.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large high-sided frying pan. Add the onion and gently fry over medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes until soft.
- Raise the heat and add the chicken breasts. Cook for about 5 minutes, turning, until lightly browned on all sides.
- Stir in the white wine and bubble for a minute or two until reduced.
- Pour in the cream and heat through. Add the tarragon and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook the pasta until 'al dente'. Drain thoroughly, then tip into a warmed serving dish. Arrange the chicken and sauce on top.