Recipe by Geema
Sun dried tomatoes create a flavorful depth to the creamy sauce on this easy chicken dish. You can add or subtract to the red pepper flakes making it perfect for your own tastes. This takes only minutes to make.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/2 lb total)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil, patted dry and coarsely chopped (1/2 oz)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then brown chicken, turning once, about 6 minutes total.
- (Chicken will not be cooked through.) Transfer with tongs to a plate.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, and red pepper flakes to skillet and sauté, stirring, until garlic is pale golden, about 1 minute.
- Add wine and boil, stirring and scraping up brown bits, until reduced by half, about 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil, covered.
- Add chicken to skillet with any juices accumulated on plate and simmer, covered, until just cooked through, 3 minutes approximately.
- Transfer chicken with tongs to a platter and keep warm, loosely covered with foil.
- Stir cream and 2 tablespoons basil into sauce in skillet and bring just to a simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve sauce over chicken and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons basil.