1/3 Photos of Chicken With Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
Sun dried tomatoes create a flavorful depth to the creamy sauce on this easy chicken dish. You can add or subtract to the red pepper flakes making it perfect for your own tastes. This takes only minutes to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/2 lb total)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil, patted dry and coarsely chopped (1/2 oz)
- 3/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1Pat chicken dry and season with salt and black pepper.
- 2Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then brown chicken, turning once, about 6 minutes total.
- 3(Chicken will not be cooked through.) Transfer with tongs to a plate.
- 4Add garlic, tomatoes, and red pepper flakes to skillet and sauté, stirring, until garlic is pale golden, about 1 minute.
- 5Add wine and boil, stirring and scraping up brown bits, until reduced by half, about 1 minute.
- 6Add chicken broth and bring to a boil, covered.
- 7Add chicken to skillet with any juices accumulated on plate and simmer, covered, until just cooked through, 3 minutes approximately.
- 8Transfer chicken with tongs to a platter and keep warm, loosely covered with foil.
- 9Stir cream and 2 tablespoons basil into sauce in skillet and bring just to a simmer.
- 10Season with salt and pepper.
- 11Serve sauce over chicken and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons basil.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.2
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 95.9 mg
- Sodium 302.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 26.9 g