Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This makes a great quick midweek meal, but also delicious enough to serve for company . great with butterd pasta and a green salad.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup basil, sliced
- Heat olive oil in large skillet.
- Add chicken and saute over med high heat, turning once ( about 6 mins ) Transfer chicken to plate.
- Add garlic, tomatoes and red pepper flakes to skillet and saute for 1 minute.
- Add wine and boil, scraping up brown bits from the bottom, until reduced by half, about 1 minute.
- add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and simmer, covered, until cooked through ( 5 mins).
- Transfer chicken to platter and keep warm.
- Add the cream to the sauce and puree in a blender ( be careful, its hot !).
- Serve sauce over chicken and garnish with the basil.