Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a great slow cooker recipe that doesn't require much preparation. Served with herb butter pasta and your meal is compete.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 8 ounces light sour cream with chives or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives or 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Place sliced onion in bottom of slow cooker topped with chicken.
- Mix broth and paprika and pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle salt on top.
- Cook on low setting 7 to 8 hours or until chicken is done.
- With a slotted spoon, remove chicken from slow cooker and place on warm platter.
- Cover with alumnimum foil and place in preheated 200 degree oven.
- Pour pan drippings into small sauce pan and mix with cornstarch mixture.
- Heat until thickened about 10 minutes.
- Sir in sour cream.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
I was not real fond of this. That was a lot of sour cream. I think if I used a can of broth and less than a cup of sour cream it would have been better. I used fresh chives with my sour cream. I don't believe I would make this again. Made for Zaar Chef alphabet Soup.
YUM! I made this with Hot Hungarian(Szeged brand)paprika,an 8oz box of(Kitchen Basics) roasted vegetable stock and added 2 garlic cloves with the onions. I got a late start and cooked it on high for 2 and 1/2 hours instead of 7-8 on low. I served it over BoxO'Wines recipe for nokedli (spaetzle) and it was heavenly!
this is super easy and yummy, even though i way overcooked the chicken (no fault of the recipe). wish I could give 4.5!!!