1/1 Photo of Chicken With Creamy Mustard Chive Sauce
Tee Lee's Note:
This healthy chicken dish is great for guests, or just a weeknight meal, because it is so quick and easy to make. The sauce is so good, you'll want to make sure to serve some nice crusty bread for dipping! From www.eatingwell.com .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
Creamy Mustard Chive Sauce
- 1Place chicken between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet or heavy skillet until flattened to an even thickness, about 1/2 inch.
- 2Season both sides of the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 3Place 1/4 cup flour in a shallow glass baking dish and dredge the chicken in it; discard the excess flour.
- 4Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5Add the chicken and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- 6Transfer to a plate, cover and keep warm.
- 7Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in the pan over medium-high heat.
- 8Add shallots and cook, stirring constantly and scraping up any browned bits, until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 9Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon flour; stir to coat.
- 10Add wine, broth and salt; bring to a boil, stirring often.
- 11Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until heated through and no longer pink in the center, about 6 minutes.
- 12Stir in sour cream and mustard until smooth; turn the chicken to coat with the sauce.
- 13Stir in chives and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Creamy Mustard Chive Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.8
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 73.6 mg
- Sodium 738.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 30.3 g