Recipe by Geema
You won't find any cream of **** soup listed in the ingredients for this delicious dish...just fresh, wholesome natural products.
- 4 lbs chicken pieces
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, stems removed
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup parsley sprig
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 3 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, process the mushroom stems, wine, onion, garlic, parsley, flour, salt, pepper, tarragon and rosemary until smooth, about 40 seconds. Scrape down sides as necessary.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet and brown the chicken pieces on all sides.
- Arrange in a shallow casserole along with the mushroom caps.
- Pour the sauce from the blender over the chicken and mushrooms.
- Cover and bake about 45 minutes, giving it a stir occasionally.