Recipe by Krista Roes
This creamy, smooth and tangy sauce is a hit in our house over chicken or asparagus. The sauce is simple but impressive enough for company too.
Top Review by wicked cook 46
I used beef broth since I had some to use up. Quick easy and totally DELISH recipe. I cooked the chicken breast in some broth and then added them to the sauce for probably 10 minutes to soak up the flavour more. Definite keeper Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag
- 6 medium chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon Dijon mustard (to taste)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over med. high heat.
- Stir in flour and cook until bubbly.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except yogurt. Make sure you stir the green onions into the sauce at this point. The release of these flavors as it warms is what makes the sauce!
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens (3 to 5 minutes).
- Stir in yogurt and heat through.
- Serve over baked or sauteed chicken breast.