Taken from the Light & Tasty magazine. Posted for safe keeping until I give it a try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups apples, peeled & sliced (McIntosh)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup low-fat evaporated milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1In a nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides; remove and keep warm.
- 2In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic until tender.
- 3Stir in the broth, tarragon, pepper and salt; bring to a boil.
- 4Add apples and reserved chicken.
- 5Reduce heat; cover and simmer until chicken juices run clear.
- 6Remove chicken to a serving platter.
- 7Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup milk until smooth; stir in remaining milk.
- 8Add to skillet; bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 9Serve over chicken; sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Creamy Apple-Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.4
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 182.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 31.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat evaporated milk