Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Taken from the Light & Tasty magazine. Posted for safe keeping until I give it a try.
Make and share this Chicken With Creamy Apple-Mushroom Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups apples, peeled & sliced (McIntosh)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat evaporated milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- In a nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic until tender.
- Stir in the broth, tarragon, pepper and salt; bring to a boil.
- Add apples and reserved chicken.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until chicken juices run clear.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter.
- Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup milk until smooth; stir in remaining milk.
- Add to skillet; bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over chicken; sprinkle with parsley.