Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a subtle way to prepare chicken.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- ground pepper
- 1 fluid ounce of orange rum
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half or 1⁄4 cup light cream
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Mix garlic salt in enough flour to coat chicken lightly (1/4 cup should be enough).
- Heat oil in a wide pan.
- Shake off extra flour and fry until browned.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add seasonings and deglaze pan with rum.
- Stir in cream to make sauce.