Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A recipe from Ricardo.
- 4 slices bacon, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 skinless chicken legs
- 2 cortland apples, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 4 shallots, minced
- 1⁄2 cup calvados
- 1⁄2 cup 15% cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, brown the bacon in oil. Drain on absorbing paper. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, brown the chicken on each side. Add oil if needed. Add salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, brown the apples and shallots at high heat. Add salt and pepper. Deglaze with calvados. Let reduce 1 minute. Add chicken, cream and sage. Bring to boil. Cover and let simmer slowly about 1 hour at low heat, stirring frequently. Adjust seasoning. Serve on pasta and sprinkle with bacon.
Everyone at my house loved this, however I did use boneless chicken thighs and reduced the cooking time by half. Made for Photo Tag.