One of our favourite dishes. So easy to prepare. It's even tasty with the other fruit infused vinegars
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil, to coat baking dish
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 8 4 ounce halves
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 1/2-2 cups granny smith apples, peeled seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- cooked rice
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Lightly oil 13 x 9 baking dish.
- 3Add Olive Oil, shallots or onions to dish.
- 4Bake uncovered 5 minutes.
- 5Remove dish from oven, add Balsamic vinegar to dish, stirring to combine, Add chicken breasts to dish, turning to coat each piece.
- 6Return dish to oven, bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- 7Using a glass mixing bowl.
- 8combine cranberry sauce, apples, dried cranberries, walnuts and curry powder, mixing well.
- 9Remove chicken dish from oven.
- 10Cover chicken with sauce.
- 11Bake 15- 20 minutes.
- 12Serve atop cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken with Cranberry, Apples and Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.3
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 96.8 mg
- Sodium 200.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 33.6 g
- Protein 33.3 g