Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
One of our favourite dishes. So easy to prepare. It's even tasty with the other fruit infused vinegars
- vegetable oil, to coat baking dish
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 8 4 ounce halves
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups granny smith apples, peeled seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- cooked rice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Add Olive Oil, shallots or onions to dish.
- Bake uncovered 5 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven, add Balsamic vinegar to dish, stirring to combine, Add chicken breasts to dish, turning to coat each piece.
- Return dish to oven, bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Using a glass mixing bowl.
- combine cranberry sauce, apples, dried cranberries, walnuts and curry powder, mixing well.
- Remove chicken dish from oven.
- Cover chicken with sauce.
- Bake 15- 20 minutes.
- Serve atop cooked rice.