Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a really nice recipe I found at All Recipe and changed a few things. I made this in my electric frypan; so handy,so easy,healthy and so good. I served it with rice and green beans.
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon onion soup base
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper; dredge the chicken.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter until browned on both sides. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same skillet, combine the onion soup base, cinnamon,cranberries, water, brown sugar, vinegar and nutmeg; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place chicken on top; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- To serve, spoon cranberry mixture over chicken.
- I made it with Light Becel intead of butter.
- I used frozen but fresh cranberries work.
Wow! I made this last night and it was just delicious! I added some cinnamon for a little bit more flavour. I served it with brown rice and some veggies with dill and garlic. I was so excited to finally use my cranberries for something. Thank you for the recipe! :)