Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A nice use for rotisserie chicken, courtesy of *Everyday Food*. You may want to add a little more oil and vinegar after you've mixed it, as otherwise the couscous may be a tad dry. Lovely combination of flavors and textures!
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup chicken, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup pistachios, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 navel orange, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- coarse salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, pour boiling water over couscous. Cover and let sit until tender, 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- In another medium bowl, combine chicken, pistachios, orange, mint leaves, oil, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss couscous with chicken mixture.