Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Mediterranean-flavored chicken and vegetable stew served over couscous. One of my favorites.
Make and share this Chicken With Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup quick-cooking couscous
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups of the chicken broth to a boil. Stir in couscous and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the olive oil. Turn off heat, cover, and let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Stir in the chicken, season with pepper, and cook until no longer pink and juices run clear. Remove chicken from the skillet, and set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the skillet over medium heat. Stir in the jalapeno peppers and carrot, and saute about 2 minutes. Mix in the zucchini, green onions, ginger, and 1/4 cup chicken broth. Continue to cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, blend the remaining 1 cup chicken broth with curry powder, coriander, and cornstarch. Pour over the vegetables. Return chicken to the skillet. Continue cooking about 2 minutes until chicken is coated and the broth mixture begins to thicken.
- Serve over the couscous.
- If you want to use this as OAMC, forget about the couscous for now, and make that while you heat up the chicken.