Recipe by Lorac
Sauteed chicken breast with a piquant cream sauce flavored with sour pickles, mustard and fresh herbs. Serve this on a platter with sauteed julienne carrots and zucchini garnished with slivered lemon peel. From Chez La Mere Madeline.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup cornichons or 1⁄3 cup other sour dill pickle, cut into 1 by 1/4 inch strips
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil cream until thick and reduced to 3/4 cup, about 20 minutes.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, saute in butter 3-4 minutes per side, remove and keep warm.
- Add chicken broth to skillet and boil until reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Add pickles, cream and mustard and reheat without boiling.
- Add tarragon, parsley and chives, return chicken to the pan just long enough to heat through, turn to coat with sauce and serve.