Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is much easier way of getting that great chicken corbon bleu flavor without all the work!
- 4 frozen breaded chicken patties
- 8 slice bacon
- 14.79 ml flour
- 236.59 ml milk
- 118.29 ml swiss cheese, shredded
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- Cook chicken patties according to package.
- Meanwhile in a small to medium saute pan, cook the bacon until crisp over medium heat.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and crumble.
- Pour enough of the fat in the pan out to leave 2 tablespoons in the pan.
- Whisk the flour into the bacon drippings and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the milk and bring to a simmer.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Pour over the sauce over cooked chicken patties, sprinkle on the crumbled bacon, and serve.
This got mixed reviews at our house. Hubby didn't like it at all and everyone else thought it was OK. I followed the recipe exactly as written.
I made this for dinner tonight. It was ok. DH asked for more gravy and more cheese. I added more garlic salt for additional flavor.
I made this on 8/27/08 for mine and my SO's dinner.Since there was only two of us, the recipe was adjusted accordingly. I did have to make a couple of substitutions, since I didn't have exactly what was called for.Breaded chicken fillets were used instead of the patties and, for the cheese, havarti was used instead of swiss.This was really a very quick and easy recipe that had a very pleasing taste and will be made again. Thank you for posting and, "Keep Smiling :)"