2 hrs 15 mins
I found this in Cooking Light magazine and just had to post it! I love this sauce over a roasted chicken. The magazine stated you can also just make the sauce and then use it to serve over sauteed chicken breasts for a quick weeknight meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken. Rinse chicken with COLD water and pat dry. Trim excess fat. Starting at neck cavity, loosen skin from breast and drumsticks by inserting fingers gently pushing between skin and meat.
- 3Rub salt and pepper under loosened skin and sprinkle in body cavity; then place clementine QUARTERS in cavity.
- 4Place chicken, breast side down, on a broiler pan. Insert a meat thermometer into meaty part of thigh, making sure not to touch bone.
- 5Bake at 450F for 25 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350F and turn chicken breast side up; bake at 350F for 1 hour or until thermometer registers 180°F.
- 6Cover chicken loosely with foil and let stand 10 minutes; then remove skin and discard.
- 7Make the sauce by placing the orange juice, cranberries, and sugar in a medium saucepan. Cook at medium high for 5 minutes or until the cranberries pop. Then add chicken broth.
- 8Combine the cornstarch and water (or wine if you choose) in a small dish and stir into the cranberry mixture. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 9Remove from heat and stir in the clementine sections.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Clementine & Cranberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.1
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 351.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 14.5 g