Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This tastes very good over coconut rice. http://www.recipezaar.com/Coconut-Rice-336835
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice, no pulp
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 1. Salt and pepper the chicken. Heat oil in a heavy skillet and brown chicken, cooking all the way through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and keep warm.
- 2. Add onion and garlic to the skillet and cook just long enough for onions to become soft. Turn heat to high under skillet and add orange juice, lemon juice, lime juice, pineapple juice, honey, cilantro and ginger. Cook stirring frequently untill sauce starts to thicken. Turn the heat to a simmer and add chicken to the skillet stirring to cover chicken in sauce. Serve.
WOW, this was wonderful. I found that it took about 10 mins less that stated. The only thing was that the sauce wasn't thickening, just evaporating so I mixed a cornstarch slurry in a hurry and thickened it that way. Next time I'll add the slurry earlier and get more of that marvelous sauce *wink*. Made for ZWT7.
We really enjoyed this dish though at first I thought it wasn't sweet enough - so added the honey which I didn't think I'd used but then found it a little too sweet using about 2 tsp. (for a half recipe) So next time I'll try just a smidge of honey. I would also cut back the ginger as it dominated the citrus and I ended up adding more juice for balance. I served this with coconut rice and grilled asparagus. thanks for sharing QUeen Dana , made for ZWT 7 for the Food.commandos
Made for ZWT7. Very nicely flavoured dish! I used 4 chicken breasts (which I had to use up). The sauce was enough for them. I did add a little brown sugar, but I am almost certain that our cartons of juice have less sugar than their USA equivalent. Once you have the ingredients at hand, it's an easy recipe. I made brown basmati and fresh vegs to go with it.