Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I don't remember where I found this recipe, but it's been in my recipe box for several years. The salsa verde and cilantro make this a very pretty dish on the table.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 10 ounces salsa verde
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh tomato, to serve
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion, to serve
- Heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until soft.
- Add chicken and cook until golden brown.
- Add salsa, broth, pine nuts, and cilantro. Simmer 3-5 minutes.
- Serve topped with tomatoes and green onions.