Recipe by Derf
Mmmmmm!!! Another from the Canadian chicken farmers. wonderful taste. I sometimes use a spiceyer chutney (Mango Mustard Chutney from Chatty's Indian spices inc.HOT, but soo good! only need a tiny amount)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 2 teaspoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 chicken legs
Directions See How It's Made
- In mini-chopper, blend butter, 1 tablespoon of the chutney, coriander and half each of the salt and pepper.
- Scrape onto plastic wrap and shape into small log; twist ends of wrap to seal.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Using finger, loosen skin from fleshy side of each chicken leg to form pocket, leaving skin attached at edges.
- Spread remaining chutney under skin.
- Smooth skin over chutney.
- Sprinkle with remaining salat and pepper.
- Place, skin side down, on greased grill over medium heat; close lid and cook, turning once, for 45 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced.
- (can be cooked on broiler pan, under broiler in oven, about 6 inches from heat.) To serve:Slice butter log into 4 coins; place 1 on each leg.