1 hr 10 mins
I just love chorizo. The Spanish sausage has so much flavour and it really makes this chicken dish special. The kind to use in this dish is the raw pork sausage, not the kind that is more like a deli meat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken pieces (drumsticks and thighs are good)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100 g raw chorizo sausage, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 300 g chopped tomatoes
- 400 g butter beans
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- 1Sprinkle the chicken with the smoked paprika, then heat the oil in a heavy casserole and brown the meat all over.
- 2Lift out the chicken and add the chorizo to the pan.
- 3When the oil starts to come out of the chorizo, add the onion and cook over a low heat for about 5 minutes.
- 4Add the garlic and a tablespoon of parsley.
- 5Cover and cook gently for another 10 minutes.
- 6Add the tomatoes and beans and give it a stir.
- 7Add a little water if the mixture is a bit thick.
- 8Return the chicken to the pot, along with the thyme and bayleaf.
- 9Turn up the heat and bring up to a simmer.
- 10Lower the heat to its lowest setting, cover the pot and let it bubble away gently for 30 minutes or so.
- 11Remove the lid and simmer for another 15 minutes, until the sauce is thick and rich.
- 12Stir in a generous pinch of parsley and serve with warm crusty bread and a salad.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken with Chorizo and Butter Beans
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.7
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 44.0 mg
- Sodium 1135.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 22.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: