1/2 Photos of Chicken With Chipotle-Tomato Sauce and Ziti
The chipotle in adobo gives this dish a hot, smoky flavor.Recipe is adapted from Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces uncooked ziti pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups green bell peppers, cut in strips
- 8 ounces presliced mushrooms
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2While pasta cooks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, cook about 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3Add onion and garlic, cook 2 minutes.
- 4Add bell pepper and mushrooms, cook 5 minutes or until tender.
- 5Stir in remaining ingredients, cook 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 6Serve over pasta.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Chipotle-Tomato Sauce and Ziti
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.6
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 54.4 mg
- Sodium 410.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 29.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo