Recipe by *Asha*
The chipotle in adobo gives this dish a hot, smoky flavor.Recipe is adapted from Cooking Light.
Top Review by justcallmetoni
Another winner from my Pick a Chef baby. Needed dinner in a hurry and using ingredients already in my pantry. Since I wanted some extra sauce for my dinner, I added the entire can of tomatoes (about 1 1/2 - 2 cups) to the chicken and scaled the amount of chipotle in adobo accordingly. Also mixed the pasta into the sauce just prior to serving to make sure every nook and cranny was seasoned and dressed. The results were just yoummy - smoky and spicy and chock full of vegetables. I will certainly be making this again soon. Thanks!
- 8 ounces uncooked ziti pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups green bell peppers, cut in strips
- 8 ounces presliced mushrooms
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, cook about 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add onion and garlic, cook 2 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and mushrooms, cook 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, cook 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve over pasta.