Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
You can control the muscularity by adjusting the amount of chili flakes.
- 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans, undrained
- 1 can diced tomatoes, preferably rotele undrained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- red chili pepper flakes
- Cook rotini per package directions.
- In large skillet, heat tbs oil over med-high heat.
- Add chicken and onion cooking 5 to 7 min stirring until chicken is browned.
- Stir in chili beans, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin powder, and chili flakes.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve the chicken mixture over the rotini.
- Option: garnish with sliced olives, avocado, and cheese.
- Serve with warm tortillas and ice cold beer.
Very good and inexpensive recipe to make. This recipe is a keeper and I will make it again.
We loved this! Even my horribly picky 3 1/2 yr old. We didn't have any cumin so I just used the chili powder and added some pepper and a touch of garlic powder. I also didn't have boneless skinless chicken so I just boiled 2 pieces of chicken and stredded the meat. Really enjoyed this one. We'll be having it many more times! Thanks!