1/1 Photo of Chicken With Chickpeas and Saffron Rice
Super San Mateo Chefs's Note:
Excellent one pot dish! The chicken tastes amazing and the saffron rice and chickpeas make for a hearty meal. Adapted from Williams-Sonoma catalog.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, partially drained
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Season chicken with salt, black pepper, italian seasoning, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper.
- 3In Dutch oven over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon oil. Brown chicken for 6-8 minutes. Transfer to plate. Discard fat; wipe out pot.
- 4In the same pot over medium heat; warm 1 tablespoon oil. Cook onion, bell pepper, saffron and red pepper flakes about 10 minutes.
- 5Add garlic; cook 30 seconds. Add sherry; cook 1 minute. Add chicken, broth, tomatoes and juices. Bring to simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 15 minutes.
- 6Add rice, chickpeas, salt and pepper. Increase heat to medium-high; bring to simmer.
- 7Cover; bake in oven for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- 8Let stand 10 minute before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Chickpeas and Saffron Rice
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.3
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 25.8 mg
- Sodium 486.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: