Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is from TOH. Looks lovely!
- 1 lb sweet cherries, pitted (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 3 lbs broiler chickens, cut up
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Set aside 3/4 cup of cherries. In a blender, combine orange juice and remaining cherries; cover and process until smooth. Add the soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, lemon juice, garlic and ginger; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken on all sides in butter.
- Place chicken skin side down in an ungreased 13 by 9 inch baking dish. Top with cherry sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 20 minutes; turn chicken.
- Top with reserved cherries. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear.