Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I’ve had several requests recently for Christmas entrees. As a result, I’ve come up with this festive, colorful chicken dish. With deep green winter kale and bright red cherries this has Christmas written all over it, though will work well for absolutely any occasion. View the original post here: http://www.elanaspantry.com/entrees/chicken-with-cherries-and-kale/
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- frozen cherries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch kale, chiffonade
- celtic sea salt and pepper
- Rinse the chicken breast and pat dry.
- With a mallet or skillet, pound the chicken breast to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Heat grapeseed oil in a large skillet over medium heat, then add shallots and saute for one minute.
- Add cherries, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes, until cherries are soft and no longer frozen.
- Add balsamic vinegar, then stir in mustard and kale.
- Cover and cook over low heat 4-5 minutes, until kale is just wilted, stirring occasionally.
- In another large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add chicken cutlets to the pan and sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Cook 4-5 minutes on each side, until outside is browned and chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to pan containing cherry sauce and kale.
- Allow to marinate over low heat for 2-3 minutes so that chicken absorbs some of the sauce.