1/1 Photo of Chicken With Cherries and Kale
Elana's Pantry's Note:
I’ve had several requests recently for Christmas entrees. As a result, I’ve come up with this festive, colorful chicken dish. With deep green winter kale and bright red cherries this has Christmas written all over it, though will work well for absolutely any occasion. View the original post here: http://www.elanaspantry.com/entrees/chicken-with-cherries-and-kale/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the chicken breast and pat dry.
- 2With a mallet or skillet, pound the chicken breast to 1/4 inch thickness.
- 3Heat grapeseed oil in a large skillet over medium heat, then add shallots and saute for one minute.
- 4Add cherries, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes, until cherries are soft and no longer frozen.
- 5Add balsamic vinegar, then stir in mustard and kale.
- 6Cover and cook over low heat 4-5 minutes, until kale is just wilted, stirring occasionally.
- 7In another large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- 8Add chicken cutlets to the pan and sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- 9Cook 4-5 minutes on each side, until outside is browned and chicken is cooked through.
- 10Transfer chicken to pan containing cherry sauce and kale.
- 11Allow to marinate over low heat for 2-3 minutes so that chicken absorbs some of the sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Cherries and Kale
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.2
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 98.7 mg
- Sodium 175.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 41.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: