Recipe by Bling Lady
This yummy dish comes from a recipe that I found long ago and doctored it up to suit what I had on hand. It turned out so good that I changed the original recipe and have made it like this ever since.
- 12 ounces spinach fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil fettuccini according to the package directions until al dente. Drain well and keep warm on a serving platter.
- Combine flour and pepper to taste.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture (reserve leftovers for later).
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked through (approximately 10 minutes per side).
- Place chicken on top of fettuccini and keep warm.
- Add onion to drippings in skillet and cook for 1 minute.
- Add 1/4 cup flour/pepper mixture cook 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Add chicken broth, milk and wine. Bring to a boil and cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Pour evenly over chicken and fettuccini.
- Serve immediately.