1/5 Photos of Chicken With Cashews
Chef floWer's Note:
A Chinese type of Chicken with Cashews recipe. I added less peanut oil when I was stir-frying as I thought six tablespoons was a bit to much. I used chicken liquid stock instead of water to give the recipe more flavour. I use bean sprout instead bamboo shoots (personal taste) however I think you could add any vegetables you wish without dramatically altering the flavour. When I make this again I would add cashews to the wok to allow them to warm a little instead of sprinkling them at the end. The recipe said the yields is four servings but we had small servings for three people. This recipe is from 'Cooking with Love' by Friends of Karen, Inc Does not include marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 6 tablespoons corn oil or 6 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoot, diced
- 1/2 cup green peppers or 1/2 cup green capsicum, diced
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts
- 1In a bowl add soy sauce, water, cornstarch and oil to form the marinade. Mix well until the cornstarch as dissolved.
- 2Add to the marinate chopped chicken breasts, mix well cover and marinate for 1 hour in refrigerator.
- 3Heat oil in Wok until hot, add bamboo shoots and green capsicum. Stir-fry for a few minutes.
- 4Remove bamboo shoots and green capsicum with slotted spoon or any spoon which drains the oil back into the wok.
- 5Drain marinate and add chicken to the wok. Quickly toss and turn.
- 6When chicken is cooked or slightly brown add hoisin sauce. Continue to toss.
- 7Return vegetables to work.
- 8Serve over rice and sprinkle the cashew nuts.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Cashews
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 580.6
- Calories from Fat 360
- Total Fat 40.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 93.2 mg
- Sodium 1468.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 36.5 g