Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
The stuffing in this chicken is divine. The chicken stays tender and the stuffing is a perfect complement. It is an attractive dish that will impress your guests. Even though it is easy to prepare it looks as if you worked all day on the dish.
Top Review by startnover
Yummmmmmmy!!! I loved this and the stuffing was so flavorfull, and so aromatic! Next time I'm making extra stuffing just cause the kids loved it so much!! I am definatly keeping this for when company comes!!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup cooked long grain and wild rice blend (I use Uncle Bens – you will have leftovers)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cashews
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all Stuffing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry.
- Place chicken breast between two sheets of waxed paper.
- Working from center, gently pound chicken with rolling pin or flat side of meat mallet until about 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread stuffing evenly over breast and roll breast up (like a sleeping bag).
- Place in buttered baking dish and brush tops of breast with butter.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.