Recipe by threeovens
Chicken breast sauteed in butter and olive oil served in a creamy wine sauce with asparagus and carrots - simply elegant.
Top Review by **Jubes**
*Reviewed during ZWT5 France visit for the Zaar Chow Hounds team* Thanks Ice Cool Kitty -this was a very tasty dinner. Easy to put together and made a complete meal. I did cook some extra asparagus as we all love it. Seasoned with some extra freshly ground pepper. Photo also being posted.
- 4 cups water
- 8 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and tough base discarded
- 1 carrot, cut in julienne strips
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 4 cups of salted water to a boil. Drop in asparagus and carrots and cook about 4 minutes until crisp tender. Do not overcook. Drain and set aside.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour, shaking off excess. Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Place chicken in skillet and cook about 4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Cover and cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes until done. Remove chicken to a warm serving platter.
- Add shallot to skillet, stir and cook briefly. Add wine and cook until reduce by half. Add tomato paste, chicken broth, and cream, stirring to combine.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in another skillet and add asparagus and carrots to combine and coat with butter. Arrange around chicken on serving platter. Pour wine sauce over chicken and serve.