Blackened chillies make the base for a wonderful sauce. I have not tried this yet but looking at the ingredients it looks fabulous..if you like spice :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 350 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 red chile, thinly sliced
- 10 Thai basil
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 100 g cashew nuts
For the burnt chilli paste
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 7 dried chilies, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cooked peeled prawns
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons tamarind juice (30g block of tamarind soaked in 125ml boiling water and strained)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
For the garnish
- 1To make the burnt chilli paste, heat the oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat and fry the onion until softened. Remove and set aside.
- 2Add the chillies to the pan and fry until blackened. Set aside.
- 3Add the garlic and fry until golden.
- 4Grind the dried prawns, half of the fried chillies, the onion and garlic together with a pestle and mortar, to create a coarse paste. Add the mixture to the pan with the fish sauce, tamarind water and sugar. Heat gently for a few minutes, stirring constantly, and then set aside.
- 5Heat the groundnut oil in a wok and fry the sliced garlic until brown. Add the chicken and fry for a couple of minutes on each side to seal.
- 6Crumble the remaining fried chillies into the wok and add 2 tablespoons of the burnt chilli paste, then the fish sauce, water, sugar and sliced chilli. Fry over a high heat.
- 7Add the basil leaves, kaffir lime leaves and cashew nuts and fry for another minute. Garnish with red chilli and basil and serve with plain boiled rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Burnt Chilli Paste and Cashew Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.2
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 50.7 mg
- Sodium 569.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 24.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves