Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another great Weight Watchers recipe!
Make and share this Chicken With Broccoli and Garlic Sauce (5 Points) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb uncooked uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (or more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced (or more)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, kept hot
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken on a plate and season with thyme, salt and pepper. Add garlic to skillet and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add chicken to skillet and cook until browned on all sides, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli to skillet, cover and cook 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of broth, cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- In a cup, dissolve cornstarch in remaining 1/2 cup of broth; add to skillet.
- Simmer until mixture thickens, stirring constantly, about 1 minute; serve over rice. Yields about 1 cup of chicken and broccoli and 1/2 cup of rice per serving.
I really enjoyed this recipe even though I didn't use the points for weight watchers since I added some things to the recipe. I added a dash of soy sauce and sesame seed oil to the chicken broth and let my chicken pieces simmer for 30 minutes and I also added sliced carrots and let them cook with the chicken. I added sliced mushrooms and the broccoli the last 10 minutes of cooking time. I omitted the thyme and cornstarch as I didn't need the sauce to be thicken and that I don't care for thyme seasoning. I used Elaine's Rice Pilaf in place of brown rice. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. It was very tasty :)
We upped the quantities a bit and made some minor changes but as a family was thoroughly enjoyed. We used 1 1/2 lbs of boneless chicken breast, 2 cups of mixed vegetable (broccoli, cauliflower and carrot - in equal quantity), 6 cloves of garlic (we love our garlic), 2 cups of chicken broth (mixed 1/2 cup with 2 tablespoon of cornflour/cornstarch), no added salt, lots of freshly ground pepper and 1 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme (cut back to 1 teaspoon for us), cooked as per directions by the DH and served with steamed rice, very enjoyable thank you Redsie. Made for Adopt a Tag September 2008.
This is easy to prepare and it fills you up. Although we felt it did lack in flavor. Not sure what, but it's on the bland side. You could add more veggies without adding more points. Needs more of a kick. Maybe some diced jalepeno peppers or red pepper flakes. Thanks Redsie for posting. Glad I was able to try it.