Scott Rhoades's Note:
Boneless chicken breasts with a simple rich pan sauce. Extremely fast and easy to make using a basic pan sauce technique.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim fat from chicken breast halves.
- 2Cut breast sections in half so that you have four roughly equal pieces.
- 3Take a gallon zip top bag and cut the two edges open so that the sides are only joined at the bottom edge of the bag.
- 4Place breast sections in bag one at a time and pound flat with a mallet or a flat heavy object until chicken pieces are only 1/4 to 1/2" thick.
- 5Season breast sections on both sides with 1 tsp of fresh ground pepper and salt to taste.
- 6Heat a frying or sauté pan to medium/medium high heat. Do NOT use a non-stick pan. You can't make decent pan sauces with Teflon. I prefer a stainless steel pan but cast iron would work (preferably enamel coated cast iron).
- 7Put flour in a bowl and press breast pieces into it to coat chicken fully.
- 8Add olive oil to pan and let it come up to temperature. It should only take a couple of seconds.
- 9Add breast sections. Brown the chicken to a golden brown then flip and do the same on the other side. It should only take roughly 3 minutes per side or you have the chicken too thick. Do not crowd the pan. If you have to cook the chicken in batches keep the first batch warm by wrapping in aluminum foil.
- 10While chicken is frying, chop Italian parsley to 1/8 cup.
- 11Remove the last batch of chicken from the pan and wrap in foil to keep warm.
- 12Turn up heat under pan to medium high and add chicken broth. If pan is hot enough, the broth will boil immediately. Use a wooden spoon to scrape all the brown bits off the bottom of the pan. This is where all the flavor is.
- 13Add brandy, lemon juice and remaining black pepper and then reduce liquid by 1/2.
- 14Reduce heat to low and add butter and parsley. Stir in butter until sauce is smooth.
- 15Place chicken pieces on plates and then pour the pan sauce over the chicken. Don't drown it.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Brandy Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 645.9
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 97.5 mg
- Sodium 497.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 35.3 g