Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A relatively simple and flavorful way to make chicken, all in one skillet. The sweetness of the pear is balanced by a good dry cheese; I've listed parmesan but padano is even better. This is a good one to show off your presentation skills; a lemon twist or creatively sliced pear looks great on top.
- Heat the oil in a skillet on medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken completely. Remove and set aside, keeping it warm.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in the same skillet, add pears and 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Saute until pears are barely tender, around 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Cook onion and garlic one minute. Add brandy, broth, honey, and thyme.
- Boil until thickened, around 3-4 minutes. Add pears and heat for 2 more minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle cheese lightly over chicken breasts, then cover with sauce. Don't drown the chicken.