Jordan Elwell's Note:
A relatively simple and flavorful way to make chicken, all in one skillet. The sweetness of the pear is balanced by a good dry cheese; I've listed parmesan but padano is even better. This is a good one to show off your presentation skills; a lemon twist or creatively sliced pear looks great on top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a skillet on medium-high heat.
- 2Cook chicken completely. Remove and set aside, keeping it warm.
- 3Melt 1 tablespoon butter in the same skillet, add pears and 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- 4Saute until pears are barely tender, around 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- 5Cook onion and garlic one minute. Add brandy, broth, honey, and thyme.
- 6Boil until thickened, around 3-4 minutes. Add pears and heat for 2 more minutes.
- 7Add 1 tablespoon butter and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Sprinkle cheese lightly over chicken breasts, then cover with sauce. Don't drown the chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Brandy-Pear Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (620 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1031.3
- Calories from Fat 422
- Total Fat 46.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 227.1 mg
- Sodium 573.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 29.4 g
- Protein 67.3 g