Jordan Elwell's Note:
A relatively simple and flavorful way to make chicken, all in one skillet. The sweetness of the pear is balanced by a good dry cheese; I've listed parmesan but padano is even better. This is a good one to show off your presentation skills; a lemon twist or creatively sliced pear looks great on top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a skillet on medium-high heat.
- 2Cook chicken completely. Remove and set aside, keeping it warm.
- 3Melt 1 tablespoon butter in the same skillet, add pears and 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- 4Saute until pears are barely tender, around 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- 5Cook onion and garlic one minute. Add brandy, broth, honey, and thyme.
- 6Boil until thickened, around 3-4 minutes. Add pears and heat for 2 more minutes.
- 7Add 1 tablespoon butter and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Sprinkle cheese lightly over chicken breasts, then cover with sauce. Don't drown the chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Brandy-Pear Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (620 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1031.3
- Calories from Fat 422
- Total Fat 46.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 227.1 mg
- Sodium 573.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 29.4 g
- Protein 67.3 g