Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A recipe from my local paper on Saturday, July 2, 2005.
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breast tenders, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 bell pepper (green or red)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb coarsely chopped fresh tomato
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- Cook pasta according to directions; drain and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium.
- Add chicken; cook 7 minutes, stirring often or until browned; remove to a plate and cover.
- Add bell pepper, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to skillet; cook and stir 5 minutes or until bell pepper pieces are almost tender.
- Add tomatoes and olives; cook 5 minutes or until tomatoes soften and mixture is hot.
- Stir in chicken and any accumulated juices; heat just until hot.
- Stir chicken mixture into pasta.
- Serve with parmesan cheese.
I haven't made this yet, but I noticed there is no mention of bell peppers on the ingredient list. I am going to try it with one green pepper and see how it goes!