Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Adapted from a recipe by Thomas Jewell Sr at allrecipes.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves or 1⁄2 cup apricot fruit spread
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar or 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries or 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for about 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Combine preserves and mustard; spoon over chicken. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- With a slotted spoon, remove chicken and keep warm. Add vinegar to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until sauce is reduced by one-third, stirring occasionally. Stir in blueberries. Serve over chicken and rice if desired.