Recipe by katia
A French recipe for chicken due the blue cheese that contains. Blue cheese has a strong taste and some people like it and others hate it. Depends on the taste! I love it!
Top Review by Pets'R'us
After reading the other reviews I was sure I also would use less dill then the recipe stated. I started with half a tablespoon, tasted the sauce and added more, and again more. I ended up using the two full tablespoons. Maybe, just maybe the difference could be that I used fresh dill and previous reviewers dried dill...or it could be just a matter of taste. The sauce did not thicken that much after cooking it for several minutes but the cooking was good to mellow the flavor of the brandy. All in all we enjoyed this very much, it had a great flavor. I served this with tagiatelli and freshly steamed vegetables. Many thanks!
- 1 kg chicken breast fillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 250 g creme fraiche
- 100 g blue cheese
- 1⁄3 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons dill
- white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the ckicken with salt and pepper. Add the olive oil and marinate chicken for 30 minutes.
- Grill or broil the chicken until done. (15-20 minutes).
- In a small saucepan heat the cream and add a little salt.Add the blue cheese crumbled and stir until it melts. At last add the brandy and the dill. Stir until the sauce thickened.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce on the top.